The Irish Primary Principals’ Network (IPPN) is the officially recognised professional body for primary school teachers and leaders in Ireland. IPPN's associated website, EducationPosts.ie, is the leading website for advertising educational related vacancies in Irish schools. IPPN provides a platform for educational bodies to reduce school administrative workload and recruitment costs via their online portal which is operated through EducationPosts.ie.
The school who has registered with the online recruitment portal on EducationPosts.ie to post a job vacancy i.e., the Job Advertiser, is the data controller under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 in respect of any personal data collected as part of the vacancy.
IPPN is a data processer under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 as the provider of the recruitment portal.
Any reference to "we", "our" or "us" within this Notice refers to IPPN as a data processor.
The purpose of this Notice is to provide information regarding:
- How we handle and use your personal data
- The third parties with whom we share your personal data; and
- Your rights in relation to your personal data
- To administer educational employment opportunities in schools
- To allow Job Advertisers to track and log email correspondence associated with a job vacancy, including tracking interview times. Email interactions, such as clicks or views, are not tracked or logged on the portal
- To allow Job Advertisers to contact you by email or phone to organise an interview for a position you have applied for
- Full name
- Education and Qualifications
- Teaching Credentials
- CVs, Cover Letters, and any other attachments shared by the applicant as part of a job application
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Postal Address
- Teaching Council Number
- Information on religion
- Information related to health
The Controller is responsible for including information regarding the processing of special category data and is required to include detailed information on the purposes and legal basis for collecting this information within the job vacancy application form. We encourage all job seekers to carefully review each job vacancy before completing an application form to ensure that they are comfortable with providing the information requested.
- With your consent
- With your explicit consent
- Cloud providers
- Legal representatives
- IT system providers
- Selection Board if shortlisted for a particular job vacancy. The Selection Board will only have access to your information for the purposes of the shortlisting and interviewing process. The Selection Board will only have access to your information for 3 months.
|Type of Data||Retention Period|
|Recruitment Data||18 months following end of the application procedure|
|User Profile Data||3 years from the date the user last logged into their account i.e., if a portal user does not log into their account for 3 years, their profile data and all related content will be securely deleted|
|Selection Board Data||3 months|
- The right to withdraw consent where that is the basis for processing
- The right of access
- The right to be informed
- The right to erasure
- The right to restriction of processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object to processing
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
- The right to make a complaint to the Data Protection Commission
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, or for queries on how your personal data is processed by us, please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to raise a complaint with the Data Protection Commission regarding our processing of your personal data, you can do so using the following link https://www.dataprotection.ie/en/contact/how-contact-us