FAQ for Jobseekers
- How do I create a Job Seekers Account?
- What if I've forgotten my password?
- What is a Job Seekers Dashboard?
- How do I search for vacancies posted on EducationPosts.ie?
- Can I have email alerts sent directly to my email inbox for new job posts?
- Can I save jobs and return to view them later?
- How do I apply for vacancies advertised on EducationPosts.ie?
- Where do I source the Standard Application Form required for some job posts at primary level?
- What is the purpose of the ‘My CV’ facility?
- Is EducationPosts.ie a recruitment agency?
- How do I find out what qualifications I need to teach in a primary school in Ireland?
- How do I delete my EducationPosts.ie account?
- What are the Noticeboards and how do I use them?
- If I have a query, how do I contact EducationPosts.ie
- How do I access the Message Board forum?
1. How do I create a Job Seekers Account?
Job Seekers can create an account by either
selecting the Register as a Job Seeker button on the home page or by
selecting Register in the search bar. You can then follow the steps to create
a Job Seekers account.
2. What if I've forgotten my password?
Click on the Forgot Password link.
This is located directly below the log-in registration section. Enter your
email address and click submit. An email will be sent to you that will
enable you to reset your password. Please check your junk/spam folder as
this email may sometimes be redirected.
3. What is a Job Seekers Dashboard?
Once a Job Seeker has created an account, you
will be provided with a personalised dashboard within your account. This will
allow you to easily view key features of the site relevant to Job Seekers. You
can view and amend your Personal Details, view your Saved Jobs, register or
amend your Email Alerts Subscription, register for Sub Seeker, avail of the CV template and register for
Newsletters from EducationPosts.ie containing relevant education information.
4. How do I search for vacancies posted on EducationPosts.ie?
To view adverts on EducationPosts.ie go to the Search tab on the horizontal menu tool bar. Scroll and click through to the relevant category. Please note that Job Seekers will not be able to view the content of the adverts until they have registered with the site. You can also avail of the Search function on the home page. You can search for posts according to level, county / country, Status of Post and Category of Vacancy. You can also filter by subject at post-primary level.
5. Can I have email alerts sent directly to my email inbox for new job posts?
You can subscribe to receive job post email alerts that match the criteria you specify. Once you have successfully registered with the site, log-in and select My Account from the search bar. Within your dashboard view, select Email Alert Subscription. You can then select the job post vacancy types that you would like to receive, such as by county / location, level, Category of Vacancy and subject.
To remove your email alert subscription, access your EducationPosts.ie account, select My Account, Email Alerts Subscription and Cancel Subscription.
6. Can I
save jobs and return to view them later?
Yes, once you are logged in you can save jobs to your dashboard view and return to view them later. You can save jobs in the search table view by selecting the active button to the right hand side of the advert and then select Add to my saved jobs. You can also save jobs within a specific job post advert view by selecting the middle button Save this job to my profile.
7. How do I apply for vacancies advertised on EducationPosts.ie?
All jobs advertised on EducationPosts.ie will
specify the application requirements and means to apply on each individual
advert (such as via post, email, online application, etc). You cannot apply for
advertised job posts directly on EducationPosts.ie.
8. Where do I source the Standard Application Form required for some job posts at primary level?
The Standard Application Forms for principals,
teachers, resource teachers and Special Needs Assistants are located in the About tab, or under Application Forms button at the end of the website.
9. What is the purpose of the ‘My CV’ facility?
The 'My CVs' facility within the Job Seekers
dashboard is for use by registered Job Seekers only. The purpose of the
facility is to enable Job Seekers to create a CV using an easy-to-use
template then save it to your account. You can then download it and either
print it or email it to potential employers. Note: Potential employers do NOT
have access to any CVs stored on the site.
10. Is EducationPosts.ie a recruitment agency?
EducationPosts.ie is not a recruitment agency,
but provides a facility for schools / organisations to advertise vacancies
online and for Job Seekers to search for vacancies.
11. How do I find out what qualifications I need to teach in a primary school in Ireland?
The Teaching Council is the professional body
for teaching in Ireland and regulates standards in the profession at both
primary and post primary level. The council addresses all queries
concerning eligibility and qualifications to teach in Ireland.
12. How do I delete my EducationPosts.ie account?
Ensure you are logged into your account and go
to your dashboard view. Select My Account from the top right. You can then
select Delete My Account.
13. What are the Noticeboards and how do I use them?
The noticeboards allow you to post your availability so that schools and parents/guardians can contact you in relation to vacancies. The school staff or parents/guardians will use this information to contact you about vacancies.
Create a Notice - Register as a Job Seeker or Login to your Job Seeker account. Access Noticeboards > choose the relevant noticeboard > select New Notice and complete the process. Notices are active for a minimum of 10 working days.
Delete a Notice - To delete a noticeboard, access My Account > My Notices > select the relevant notice > select Delete.
14. If I have a query, how do I contact EducationPosts.ie?
Email email@example.com for assistance. Alternatively, access the Contact Us form on the About tab.
Queries are answered during working hours - Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (excluding bank holidays).
15. How do I access the Message Board forum?
On a mobile device, access the forum by visiting forum.educationposts.ie. On a computer, access the forum by visiting EducationPosts.ie > Resources area at the end of the page > Message Boards and logging in.
If you do not have an account, you will need to register for one. Please review the Moderator notices before posting any messages.